Saturday, January 9, 2010

Laundry room redo--first the curtains




I have been seeing all the beautiful laundry rooms from other bloggers and mine definately needed a new look! I didnt take pics before so I apologize.




Over the window, was an outdated ivy green and white valance( from my 90's style decorating). It was just serving a purpose! I put it out of its misery...gave it a good and needed washing and off to goodwill. Anyway, the other curtain covers up a large shelf full of boxes and such.




Both curtains where NOT sewed!!! I ironed the edges over and HOT GLUED them! Then I hung a curtain rod over the window and used a tension rod over the shelf. I used those rings with the clippy things and clipped them up!!! Easy peasy! I used satin ribbon and clipped it up as well to get that "gathered" look. The pic makes the ribbon look like leather but it is satin ribbon. I do plan on taking the blind down, I just haven't had a chance!




Thanks for looking!!! I will post more stages of the laundry room when I do more!!!! Next step, cabinets over the washer and dryer! :)

3 comments:

  1. My kind of gal... no iron curtains = perfect! You asked about the countertop paint I used. It's Giani Countertop Paint. Go to
    http://www.liquidstainlesssteel.com/giani/products.html
    and you will find what you are looking for. Good luck with your laundry room project.
    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! I need to pull out my glue gun rather than avoiding my sewing machine.
    And thanks for the tip about Sure Cuts A Lot. I knew someone would come up with this! I can't wait to order it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that fabric! Although I'm sure that the old ivy stuff was sexy too ;)

    ReplyDelete